Wednesday, November 9, 2011

ROTW: Stuffed Acorn Squash

Hello, So in my healthier eating habits, I wanted to try new healthy recipes, I ran across some acorn squash recipes....most of them called for a brown sugar/butter coating, which I am trying to avoid sugar, and well butter....its bad...

I saw a few that we're stuffed...so I looked through my pantry, and saw what I had and threw this together:



Doesn't look awesome, but Oh My Stars was it delicious, it was so good, That I had it again for lunch and dinner the next day!!!

Savory Stuffed Acorn Squash

Slice Acorn Squash in half.
Seed them, and make a cut into them, just barely several cuts one direction then several the other direction.
Place cut side up in a shallow pan, and cook at 380 degrees for about 40 minutes or until tender, like a sweet potato.

While that is baking prepare your stuffing:
1 1/2 cups instant brown rice, prepared as directed
1 can of chicken breast in water ( I always keep this on hand, in case I forget to defrost )
Shredded cheese, medium handful, I had Mozzarella
1 can tomato sauce

I think I added a bit or salt and pepper, maybe some garlic powder...

When the Acorn Squash is tender, pull it out and stuff it, and return to the oven until warmed through.

Cut into fourths and enjoy!

<3 Carrie

2 comments:

Hey Guys! Leave me a comment, I love reading them! But don't do it just to promote your own blog ;) !