Thursday, February 23, 2012

BlogHer Book Club: The Rules of Inheritance



Well I finished reading my third book for the BlogHer Book Club. It was a page turner. I stayed up late so many nights just waiting to see what she wrote next. The book was: The Rules of Inheritance, by Claire Bidwell Smith.

I've never lost a parent, but after reading Claire's Memoir, I now know exactly how it might feel. Through out the book I found myself crying, and my heart sinking and then lifting again. I felt like I was living her life with her. I especially loved that she broke it up into section's, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance. In those sections or parts of the healing process she jumped back and forth in time. In ways I found myself shaking my head, relating to certain times in her life.

If you have suffered a loss, this is a must read. And if not, I still think you should read it, it is the most genuine heartfelt book I have ever read.





<3 Carrie

This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. This was one of the extremely moving and honest books I have read in a long time. It is a must read for anyone who is looking to be inspired and find strength. There is no words to describe how moving it is to read about loss and love from such an honest and vulnerable author. I have known Claire for years and it she continues to amaze me with everything she writes. This book truly inspired me to be a better friend, daughter, sister, and mother and to appreciate everything I have.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Guys! Leave me a comment, I love reading them! But don't do it just to promote your own blog ;) !